CREATING BEAUTIFUL SMILES WITH
Dental Check-Ups / Teeth Cleaning
Mooroolbark Family Dental encourages patients to get regular checkups to maintain optimum dental health. We offer services that enable you to get the best dental care you need and deserve. It is important to entrust your dental health to professionals who understand the need for proactive dental health care. Your oral health is our top priority.
The Importance of Regular Checkups
The Australian Dental Association recommends that everyone gets a regular dental check up. The ideal interval is every six months. This routine procedure is needed for the proper maintenance of your teeth and gums. It is important to note that between these visits to the dentist’s office, you need to keep your teeth healthy and clean by brushing and flossing every day. Doing all these things can prevent tooth decay, cavities and gum problems.
Completing Your Dental Checkup
After our hygienist has thoroughly cleaned your teeth and all the examinations are done, we will provide you with additional information about how to maintain the health of your gums and teeth and give you recommendations on how you can improve your overall oral health. The regular check up and your commitment to keep your teeth healthy and clean ensures not only great oral health but also a healthy body.
If you are looking for a dental office that can provide you with an extensive dental check up, call Mooroolbark Family Dental to schedule an appointment
What to Expect During Your Dental Checkup
If this is your first dental checkup, you may be a bit anxious about what’s going to happen when you’re sitting in that dental chair. But there’s really nothing to worry about. Here are the things our dentist or hygienist will do:
- Check your teeth for any signs of tooth decay
- Check the health of your gums
- Examine your teeth for signs of diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, and oral cancer.
- Examine your face, movement of your lower and upper jaw, saliva, and even your bite.
- Clean your teeth and paying special attention to tartar and plaque buildup - the two leading enemies of oral health care.
- Special areas of interest during the examination are your gums, tongue, throat, and mouth. Dental health is not just about the teeth and gums.