Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.mooroolbarkfamilydental.com.au.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We will collect various types of personal information from you when you use our Website or interact with us. Further details of how we use your personal data are set out below.
In this section, we have indicated with asterisks whether we need to process your personal data:
- * = to pursue legitimate interests of our own or of third parties, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- ** = to enable us to comply with our legal obligations; and/or
- *** = where you have consented.
Each time you visit our Website or mobile app, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information: including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages, resources and/or products you viewed or searched for; page response times, errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction, and methods used to browse away from the page.
When we communicate with you by email, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Information about your interaction with our emails, including whether you have opened the email, the number of times the email is accessed, and your interaction with email content including the links you have clicked.
We will use the above information in order to:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes to comply with our legal obligations*/**;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer / device*;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure to comply with our legal obligations*/**;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you*; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them*
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR).
We may collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to response to any queries which you may have.
We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent.
We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us in the future.
The type of information we may collect about you includes:
- your name
- email address
- IP Address
We will never collect information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Google will process the information in order to evaluate your use of the website, to assemble reports on the website activities for the website operators, and to supply further services connected with website use and internet use.
As mentioned above, you can configure your browser so that it rejects cookies, or you can prevent the data being used by Google Analytics by downloading and installing this browser add-on provided by Google.
You will find more detailed information on this matter in the Privacy Statement of Google Analytics.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
Your data is secured by encryption, firewalls and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is industry standard encryption technology which manages the security of messages transmitted across the internet. When we receive your data, we store it on secure servers which can only be accessed by us.